Napa conjures up images of amazing food and wine produced locally by award-winning chefs and winemakers, served in the most stunning settings.Indulge your senses in luxury experiences with insider access to private homes, kitchens and wineries. Get to know a side of Napa Valley beyond Highway 29 and Silverado Trail, curated by a company with long roots in the area. Become acquainted with the hidden charm that only locals get to see, taste and experience. Come enjoy immersion into the culinary delights of Napa Valley and learn the secrets to Napa's acclaimed food and wine.
Highlights of Our Journeys
- Arrive on Friday and settle into your hotel *
- Once you are settled in, be whisked away to a welcome party at a distinctive epicurean temple where you will taste fresh from the farm bites and bubbly before sitting down to a 4-course menu.The chef selects and prepares each dish from the days bounty to highlight seasonal ingredients from their own organic farm.The sommelier chooses the perfect wines to pair with each dish.
- After this incredible evening, you will be transported back to your hotel completely satiated and ready for a peaceful night.
- Following breakfast at your hotel, you will be transported to a local culinary farm to see what’s growing and learn about the soil and weather that allow year-round harvesting of fruits and vegetables.
- Next, a trip to the market to see and taste the best of the local growers, and makers
- Our first cooking instruction takes us to a world-class kitchen taught by highly-acclaimed chefs
- Our labor of love will be served and paired with specially hand-selected wines from small production, superior wineries
- Taking a short drive, we will visit a secluded winery for a private tour, and wine tasting in the caves, vineyard or farmhouse
- Once refreshed, we will be taken to a fabulous secret location where dinner will be a meticulously prepared multiple course extravaganza, paired with excellent wines, and served in a candlelit setting.
- After we have finished our sumptuous dinner, you will be returned to your hotel to spend the night regenerating for tomorrow.
- Our day begins with a journey to an amazing kitchen where we will prepare a sumptuous brunch with our culinary expert and guide, renowned Chef, Barb Alexander.Barb has taught thousands of chefs over the last 17 years, after a successful career in restaurants across the globe.
- A multi-course menu will be taught, and lovely printed recipes will be yours to take home.
- We will enjoy the fruits of our labor in a vineyard setting with spectacular views of the surrounding terrain.
- The afternoon will be spent at a family owned winery tasting some of the best wines available anywhere.We get intimate with their vineyards, taste wines straight from the barrels and even get to blend our own.
- Early evening we will travel to a very luxurious estate to relax with wine from the private vineyard.The wine will be served with bites as we enjoy the sunset over the gardens, vineyards and mountains.Wander the gardens and vineyards, or sit by the reflecting pond.
- The grand dinning room will be the setting for our last dinner together and will be prepared by a local chef who never fails to please.He is in high demand at winery dinners all over the valley.This gastronomic delight promises to exceed your expectations and of course the wine will be carefully chosen to compliment the dishes.
- Following our full day, you will be delivered to your hotel to rejuvenate yourself for our final adventure.
- You will enjoy breakfast at your hotel, and then we will collect the group so we can head to a mountain winery unrivaled for its lovely farmhouse, gardens, vineyards and kitchens.Yes kitchens!There are three.
- A reception and tour will introduce us to this one-of-a-kind location
- The resident chef will demonstrate the menu in the outdoor kitchen, weather permitting.
- A sit-down lunch with wine pairing will be hosted by the winery principal.
- We will have time to chat with the chef, to purchase homemade goods from the farm and winery, and say farewell to all of the friends in our group.
- We will drive back and our adventure will end for some.Others may opt to extend their stay.
*Accommodations and breakfast are not included, however we can make reservations for our groups at local hotels at our special prevailing rates.
**If you have 10-16 people, we are happy to create a magical, bespoke experience that will be designed especially for your group.
Very limited availability
Maximum of 16 people per journey
Starting at $3980 per person
Join Us In 2019 On These Dates. Journeys operate with a minimum of 10 guests. Custom designed tours for groups of 8 or more can be arranged for alternate dates or the dates below: