As Oceania Cruises’ Executive Culinary Director since 2003, Master Chef Jacques Pépin inspires an award-winning culinary program aboard their ships, renowned for The Finest Cuisine at Sea. Garnering many awards and accolades for best culinary programs, dining, cuisine and food over the years, Oceania serves up programs that continually surprise and delight their guests.
Now Oceania wants to invite other celebrity chefs to join in the fun of hosting their fans onboard a number of sailing for 2019 and 2020. The cruises span the globe and can be arranged to accommodate the chefs’ schedules. If a chef has a particular interest in a region and its cuisine, we can find the right cruise.
Here are 4 cruises that we currently seek a celebrity chef to host:
ADVENTURES IN AFRICA-January 2019 or December 2019
Hippos, elephants, lions, giraffes - enjoy these native travel companions as you explore the wilds of southern Africa.
- Meet the largest gathering of crocodiles and hippos in South Africa on a cruise near Richards Bay
- Get a taste of the traditions of Maputo at a former eucalyptus plantation where you can enjoy a lively show of traditional dancing and a luncheon of regional delicacies
- Beat along to the rhythmic traditional drumming of the Xhosa tribe at the Khaya la Bantu village outside East London
- From Walvis Bay, cruise to Pelican Point and you may be accompanied by schools of bottlenose dolphins
SUBLIME SOUTH PACIFIC-November 17, 2019
Let go of your cares and surrender yourself to the relaxed lifestyle of the South Pacific before returning to the excitement of the Australian cities of Brisbane and Sydney.
- Relish the care put into a gourmet, five-course food-and-wine pairing designed by internationally renowned chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten at the luxurious St. Regis Bora Bora
- Spend a day at a beach resort in Apia, where you can swim, relax, dine and marvel at a ceremonial Fire Knife Dance
- In Lautoka, take your spa experience to the next level with a geothermal mud bath that includes a massage
- Meander down the Brisbane River through the city on a paddle-wheel boat while enjoying lunch and knowledgeable commentary
THE CAPTIVATING SIDE OF PARADISE - April 6, 2019
Framed by an overnight stay in Rio de Janeiro and another in Buenos Aires, this journey follows a route revealing the radiant waters, soaring mountains and cultural rhythms of the southeastern coastline of South America.
- Be entranced by the hypnotic rhythms of a samba show in Rio de Janeiro
- Relax on the silvery sands of one of the numerous beautiful beaches of Ilha Grande
- Don't miss a trip to the Coffee Museum in the historic city center of Santos
- View treasured artworks and sweeping ocean vistas at Casapueblo in Punta del Este, home of famed Uruguayan artist Carlos Paez Vilaró
MEDIEVAL MYSTRIES OF THE MEDITERRANEAN - May 18, 2019
Discover fascinating historic treasures, sample delicious regional cuisine or soak up the local atmosphere with a stroll in the Old Town. Whether you are a food and wine connoisseur, a history buff or an art lover, there are so many perfect diversions to choose from on this voyage.
- Sip a glass of Chianti amidst the beautiful hills of Tuscany where this renowned wine is produced
- On the outskirts of Rome, discover the Catacombs – an underground maze where early Christians practiced their religion and buried their dead out of sight of the Romans
- Get behind the wheel of a 4x4 and navigate 27 hairpin turns to reach the village of Sokraki on Corfu
- Stroll over the bridges of Venice to reach St. Mark’s Square, where the basilica is known for a magnificent gold altarpiece embedded with 1,927 precious gems
These cruises are part of our Oceania Celebrity Chef Series and include free cabins for our chefs as do all our host cruises on our preferred partner cruise lines. Guests receive an endless array of benefits and amenities on our host cruises. We always find the perfect fit for our chefs, vintners and experts.